• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
carlosmqr

The Only One - Evanescence Guitar Cover

Recorded over the original track using Audacity. My daughter as special guest xD @Jak Angelescu playing standing up and full song :P Ignore my video edit skills xD
J
Incredible job! I am so proud of you that you took my advice. Doing an entire song takes a lot of focus and a lot of concentration and stamina. And it's even more challenging standing up. My only critique is that in the very beginning you are a little off time but then you synced it very quickly. A few good things I noticed is that during The Times when there was no rhythm or beat keeping to go off of, right when the music kicked backup you came in right when you were supposed to and didn't come into late. That's great timing by nature! As cute as your daughter is, with most people it would be very distracting having somebody running around and you managed to stay focused and totally enjoy the whole process! My other thing that I would critique, is at 3:35 you keep anchoring your ring finger down to the body of the guitar. Break that habit now and let your wrist be free because the moment you try to do any other techniques with the right hand it's not going to be able to be anchored and it's going to be a difficult habit to break. This literally made me so happy to see and you did a very great job! Just come in on the song with a little bit more confidence next time and fix the ring finger anchoring.

• Love
Reactions: carlosmqr
Incredible job! I am so proud of you that you took my advice. Doing an entire song takes a lot of focus and a lot of concentration and stamina. And it's even more challenging standing up. My only critique is that in the very beginning you are a little off time but then you synced it very quickly. A few good things I noticed is that during The Times when there was no rhythm or beat keeping to go off of, right when the music kicked backup you came in right when you were supposed to and didn't come into late. That's great timing by nature! As cute as your daughter is, with most people it would be very distracting having somebody running around and you managed to stay focused and totally enjoy the whole process! My other thing that I would critique, is at 3:35 you keep anchoring your ring finger down to the body of the guitar. Break that habit now and let your wrist be free because the moment you try to do any other techniques with the right hand it's not going to be able to be anchored and it's going to be a difficult habit to break. This literally made me so happy to see and you did a very great job! Just come in on the song with a little bit more confidence next time and fix the ring finger anchoring.
Thanks a lot Jak 😍 haha Im used to my daughter always running around but sometimes is challenging trying to focus on what Im doing xD I realized that but I think I just do that with my finger standing up, actually when Im sitting I cant play if I have my pinkie or ring finger on the guitar thats weird 🧐😂

• Haha
Reactions: Jak Angelescu

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
carlosmqr
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings