• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Cedric L

The Stage

I remember, 3 years ago, when this song was released, I could only play the slow solo. After 3 years and weeks of practicing, I finally managed to play the whole song!
J
This was absolutely unbelievable. I am so damn proud of you that you worked so hard for so long to get it this good!!! I am so glad to that I can bookmark this because I really wanted to learn a lot of parts to this song but I can't hear or make out what he's doing but you have the perfect camera angle to learn! I have a question for you. At the end where you begin doing the cool sweeps, are you doing the finger roll technique to do some of them? Because I never thought that you could get a good clean sweep Sound by doing a finger roll but it looks like that's what you are doing. Thank you for doing all the hard work for this because I eagerly look forward to being able to learn from your video! I wish I had the technology to be able to do this song with you because every part that you know are the parts that I don't know!

• Love
Reactions: Cedric L
This was absolutely unbelievable. I am so damn proud of you that you worked so hard for so long to get it this good!!! I am so glad to that I can bookmark this because I really wanted to learn a lot of parts to this song but I can't hear or make out what he's doing but you have the perfect camera angle to learn! I have a question for you. At the end where you begin doing the cool sweeps, are you doing the finger roll technique to do some of them? Because I never thought that you could get a good clean sweep Sound by doing a finger roll but it looks like that's what you are doing. Thank you for doing all the hard work for this because I eagerly look forward to being able to learn from your video! I wish I had the technology to be able to do this song with you because every part that you know are the parts that I don't know!

First, thank you Jak!! I appreciate that!
Yeah that's the finger roll technique. The funny thing is, that was the hardest part for me. I can play the rest of the song since one or two weeks but this little part took me like forever to learn! 😓

If you want to make it sound clean you have to roll your finger on the strings but don't leave them! Otherwise it won't sound clean. You have to mute them.
At the beginning, I wrapped a cloth around my guitar neck. That helped me a lot to make it sound clean while practicing. If you feel more comfortable with this technique you can try (and learn) to play without it.
Even the "big ones" do this:
If I can help you with anything let me know it! You can always contact me or write a message. I would be happy if I can help you! ☺

Amazing. Great articulation on pretty much everything! You really nailed the ending of the intro's arpeggios and everything else. And you even got the right arpeggios from 5:27-5:55! I have not found someone who played it correctly yet. (I tabbed them out but don't have them up to speed ;) so great job. I can't even nitpick anything really. Even the bends are spot on in terms of correct pitch. I can see you did it in 2 takes, was 1:15 onward done in one take??

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Cedric L
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

Share this media