• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
C

thebattle

last song of these Illl be featuring. This is one of my favourites, and longest Ive ever wrote.
Alrighty. This is a song that came the same way as true view came. From a 20 minute improv video.

It follows the caged positions in c major. Something like 1 3 5 3. The intro is just single notes. While the lead follows the same caged position but uses more notes. 3rd time around it goes up an octave.

The intro then squeals into the main riff of the song. Which is power chord chugs. The lead Melody is up the next position but the same notes. Most of the lead melody revolves around the same caged positions.

Song goes intro verse 1 chorus verse 2 chorus. 2md time around chorus repeats but is up an octave. I change up the rhythm in every verse. But it's the same progression. 3rd verse is slower paced but again same progression. Last chorus is the same as the first. Then the outro. Its the same progressions as before. The lead is decending the arpeggios while the clean rhythm picks them lower on the fretboard. The sound samples are of a war. Guns.. etc. Literally the battle going on.

I felt the song dragged..maybe didn't need the 3rd verse. But I kept it anyways. I also think the 2nd and 3rd chorus shouldn't bothbhave the same octave jump..but again it felt out of place without. At 12 minutes it's by far the longest song but when I listen to it honestly it doesnt feel like 12 minutes.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Calvin Phillips
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media