• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
C

trueview

refer to comments for details of this one. Its by far one of my favourites.
When I was doing improvs a year or so ago they were getting really long and dragging on for viewers. But there was flashes of good content. I had people telling me to make them into songs. And although that wasn't the point of the videos, there were many many good ideas in there.

This song came from this video. I tried to cut it short, but I couldn't get it any shorter without taking out important parts of the song. It doesn't feel like its that long when you listen to it.. to me atleast.

RIff is a g minor strum. And two double stops. One is a Gminor inversion and the other is a Gsus although you dont really hear the sus in the strum as I dont always strum all 3 strings. I strum and them pick the notes of the arpeggio for clean part. It's all the same G minor notes. Lead included.

The lead opens with a shitton of chorus and reverb with the sustainiac. If you're wondering how I got that sound. I've gotten really good at using reverb with the sustaniac to create mad feedback. And to be honest I dont even think my pick up is in the correct spot but it works. Lead follows the same notes as the rhythm just further up the fretboard. As a familiar look you'll see with these songs, there are a lot of arpeggio looks as I was working on my sweeping at this time. This was my visit back to g minor after learning C major. Simple and to tbe point. My favourite part is the Dminor shape solo before the explosion to the distortion.

The song goes Intro, Verse, pre chorus, verse, prechorus, Interlude (where the Dminor shape is) pre chorus build up to the bridge and then we hit the conclusion of the song, which is probably a 2 minutes lead playing along with the same 3 chords being played just distorted. Almost every bar ends on the g minor arpeggio sweep. Most in the D minor position. This was done purposely. Each revisit the 5 6 7 8 times around are different caged sweeps in the same position. One is the Aminor shape, then I do the Gminor shape then I follow up with the Eminor and then finish with the D minor again. This is definitely what is probably the closest part of the chorus of the song, as there really isn't one. But this is what we've been building up to the entire time. After that we hit the ending. Which is the same chords just played an octave higher up on the fretboard. Before coming back down to the Gminor strum that we started with, just distorted. Everything played in the lead as I said was Gminor shapes and runs. Most are pretty simple alternate of eco picking.. I couldn't tell you honestly. Some sweeps in there as well. I felt good making this improv so I knew this would feel good too but it took time to get everything in the right spot. I'm happy with the result on this one.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Calvin Phillips
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media