• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Untitled

Beginner warning ! lol

I’m still learning theory, various picking/strumming techniques. This is an original ? (Idk what to call it)
This year has been crap. I had this little melody in my head and tried my best to translate it into guitar with my limited skill and knowledge.
Y’all excuse my weird movements. Back surgery is a bitch. I constantly move and shift position now to get comfortable which I know definitely affects my playing. I try so hard to concentrate on what I’m doing but my body takes over and I start moving around ALOT.

Love it! Your movement and strumming looks pretty smooth and I loved the transition from fingerpicking to strumming. Also great melody.
And don't be sorry for being a beginner or making yourself comfortable. We're here for the music
Ps. Beautiful guitar.

Reactions: Alicia Willis
Thank you so much for the kind words ! It’s just kind of frustrating for me when I can hear something in my head but can’t quite translate it it 100% into my guitar because I don’t know that much hahaha. But, I’m sure I’ll get there !
And I absolutely adore this guitar ! It was a gift for my birthday from the husband after the bridge pins broke on the ancient acoustic fender I was trying to play

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
Well, I play since 2015 and could not get any melody transcribed to guitar lol. But no point in not trying

Sounds great, love the look of the guitar too!

If your back bothers you while playing you could try out a classical position. It's supposed to be better for your back. It worked for me but I haven't gotten used to it yet.

Sounds great, love the look of the guitar too!

If your back bothers you while playing you could try out a classical position. It's supposed to be better for your back. It worked for me but I haven't gotten used to it yet.
Thanks, I’ll definitely give that a try !

Reactions: Lindsey
Sounds really good Alicia! no doubt hard work has paid off! stick with this cuz it's really good, may with time you will be adding more complex things to make it better keep writting music because it's the most beatiful thing in life to do in terms of art

Thank you so much ! I can hear the complex things in my head but the fingers can’t achieve it yet one day though !!!

Reactions: Ezequiel Romanko

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media