• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Ethan Keeling

Vibrato 2 - working on advice given!

Thanks @Ids Schiere, @Dominik Graeber and other fkr the advice. I've tried to move my guitar less, and use mostly my wrist and fingers to do the vibrato. Again, not a cover just vibrato practice, and I was just messing with the solo taking the chunks I thought would be best to practice with! :)
Awesome! It's getting better and better. Just Stick with it and try Out different ways to get a vibrato. Maybe exaggerate it even more Just for practice Sake :)

Reactions: Ethan Keeling
Awesome! It's getting better and better. Just Stick with it and try Out different ways to get a vibrato. Maybe exaggerate it even more Just for practice Sake :)
Thank you! I feel that my playing has almost 'come to life' as it were after incorporating vibrato and it's so much more fun to play as I feel like I'm beginning to actually have a ok tone!now it's the long road of improving it!

• Love
Reactions: Dominik Gräber
Nice! That's a lot better! Try digging in a little more, like maybe a wide vibrato likc someone like Zak Wylde for example.

• Love
This is a great first step! You seemed to really be getting the hang of it from halfway through! One thing I will say, I know you said you were trying not to move the guitar so much, and this is good because it allows you to really get the movement in your wrist and fingers, but don't be afraid to let it move a little.
In some points I noticed you were doing the vibratos more with your fingers only, but by the end, you seemed much more comfortable using your wrist, which is good! I know moving your wrist can feel weird at first, but from my experience, it takes the strain off of your fingers from if you had been using only them to do all the movement while still trying to hold onto the note. Hopefully that made sense, lol.
Keep it up!

• Love

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Ethan Keeling
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating