• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Dk6661

Welcome to the family progress

My progress on welcome to the family so far I pretty much have the whole first half of the song down now I just need to work on the second half of the song including the solo which i am currently working on at the moment😶 (i will definately post a full cover once i get the entire song😉)
Not bad, just keep up the little improvements. I would definitely suggest at least learning the swept arpeggio at the end of the chorus... it probably seems impossible now but anyone can play it if they practice it for long enough! ;) If you feel like you're ever up against a brick wall with the solo hit me up and I can help you overcome your speed barriers. Good luck!

Reactions: Dk6661
Not bad, just keep up the little improvements. I would definitely suggest at least learning the swept arpeggio at the end of the chorus... it probably seems impossible now but anyone can play it if they practice it for long enough! ;) If you feel like you're ever up against a brick wall with the solo hit me up and I can help you overcome your speed barriers. Good luck!
Thanks lucas and i will im working on the sweep now and also i tried the solo but thats where i hit the brick wall its way to fast for me at the moment im trying to figure out how i can practice it so any suggestions would help😉

Thanks lucas and i will im working on the sweep now and also i tried the solo but thats where i hit the brick wall its way to fast for me at the moment im trying to figure out how i can practice it so any suggestions would help😉
First things first, learn it in it's entirety Note-for-note, and know which direction each pick gets, and practice the same way every time. During this phase you need to make sure that you are playing the notes perfectly, even if they are not on beat, even if it's extremely slow. Make sure your picking and fretting hands are in perfect sync, meaning you fret the note and strum at the exact same time.

Once you can comfortably play all the sections from memory, (which will probably take at least 3-4 hours) try and find a "top speed" at which you can play it cleanly, on beat, all the way through. You should not be trying to play fast at this point, just play fast enough to where you don't make mistakes, even if that means 20% speed. Once you find your top speed, practice the different sections over and over and over and over, make them feel super comfortable, you should be able to be so good as you can look away from your hands while playing. Once you achieve that, then, and only then, bump up the metronome by 1-2bpm, and repeat the repetitions and make sure you are super comfortable before bumping up the speed again. You will notice you will be making more and faster speed gains at first, then once you get to about 75% your progress might seem slower, and you will be working harder.... don't give up!

I would recommend watching at least a part of my video here, it is filled with practice tips to help you get the most out of improving your technique.

Reactions: Dk6661
First things first, learn it in it's entirety Note-for-note, and know which direction each pick gets, and practice the same way every time. During this phase you need to make sure that you are playing the notes perfectly, even if they are not on beat, even if it's extremely slow. Make sure your picking and fretting hands are in perfect sync, meaning you fret the note and strum at the exact same time.

Once you can comfortably play all the sections from memory, (which will probably take at least 3-4 hours) try and find a "top speed" at which you can play it cleanly, on beat, all the way through. You should not be trying to play fast at this point, just play fast enough to where you don't make mistakes, even if that means 20% speed. Once you find your top speed, practice the different sections over and over and over and over, make them feel super comfortable, you should be able to be so good as you can look away from your hands while playing. Once you achieve that, then, and only then, bump up the metronome by 1-2bpm, and repeat the repetitions and make sure you are super comfortable before bumping up the speed again. You will notice you will be making more and faster speed gains at first, then once you get to about 75% your progress might seem slower, and you will be working harder.... don't give up!

I would recommend watching at least a part of my video here, it is filled with practice tips to help you get the most out of improving your technique.
Thank you for your tips i will definately check this video out

Reactions: Lucas Weiman

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Dk6661
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings