• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What I’m working on

Disclaimer: I say “um” too much, and I apologize for the throat clearing.... it’s pollen season here in GA so the allergies and sinuses are pissed off at the moment.

@Christian J.S. Schulze Aguiar Had the idea do like a little update video of what we are working on and this is mine.

I go off on a lot of tangents, but that’s me. I’m like that in real life too lol.
youre pinch harmonics.. if you wanna make them really squeal.. youll wanna pluck the string closer to the neck pick up. Basically on top the pick up.. youll find a good harmonic somewhere in there.if I can't get them I just move around the pick ups until I find the one I want.

Reactions: Alicia Willis
Thanks. I can get them occasionally but never when I try to do it on the spot lol. I’ve found though, for me, it doesn’t really matter where my fretting hand is in relation to my pickups, but more so in how I attack the string. Gotta get that thumb action after the pick I find. It’s hard to do every time.

You can get pinches everywhere.. but they sound a little different in some areas. Just like with the 5 7 9 12 fret harmonics. The pinches can also sound different depending where you pluck the string bridge pick up is easier too over neck. Its harder for me on the neck.

I think the riff is a song from Offspring, dont know the title
I think youre pull offs sounds pretty good btw, but im not the expert here

Your muting game is on point!. Regarding theory, why don't you apply the singing to the guitar? I mean piano and guitar a siblings, therefore it should work for you. On another note, with the tapping maybe it will be easier for ya if you use some sort of anchor. I will make a little update video myself later and will try to show you what I mean with the tapping!

That’d be cool ! I was working on another lesson and saw the tapping was like.... oh yeah I gotta at least try this for a second lol.

Oh and I said the name of the riff but I think I said incredibly fast....it’s “ breaking the law” by Judas Priest

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media