• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Cab Packs

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Okay, so I decided to pick it up NOW, but none of them load. It SAYS it’s for all the different products, but I can’t get it to load into my AxeFX 2XL+, OR into Cab-Lab Lite – says the files are corrupted.
    So the question is, how do I report that to the Powers That Be?

Husam Haji

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    i am having the same problem as you Ed . i have the XL+ and whenever im trying to load the cab it says ” unable to import file , the selected formate file is not supported ” .
    it would be better if they keep each formate in folders like make 3 folders for AXE FX 3 users , AXE FX 2 users and A8X users that way it would be easier to just choose the formate we want and load them easily.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I think cabs are different to amps but not sure. Cabs is like the speaker and the head would be the amp so you can buy Syn’s speaker settings ATM but not entirely sure. I think clean, lead an rhythm aren’t something that comes from the cab. Those come from the head.
    But that’s just me and I don’t have a lot of experience with the whole head+cab thing so I may just be wrong.

Husam Haji

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    @Ids you are right , the cabs are not the same as the amp head but it can make a huge difference in the sound . if they had the presets in the package you dont have to tweak your tone , just import the preset and get the exact same sound that syn have .

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    But a cab won’t do bass, mids, treble etc. Right? That’s pretty major in your tone so that’s how I look at presets. Basically right now you have exactly the same cabs as Syn but not the amp. At least that’s how I look at it.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I would say that’s what you’re looking for here. All the others are cabs but it says that’s the tone matching one. If you can’t open the files maybe wait until you can because that one apparently are the presets Syn used on the stage

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Nope. I used the Frac-Tool and converted “The Stage” for my Axe Fx II XL+, and imported it. It is a cab IR like the others seem to be. It’s very clear and clean, but it’s got a lot less bass response than the Misha Mansoor Zilla cab IR I use for most of my presets, so I will have to audition them all, choose the one I like most, and then really play heavily with the EQ on my amps and effects to see if it’s worth the changeover for my personal tonal preferences. Looking forward to converting and testing out the Hellwin cabs most, I think, but it will all have to wait til the weekend, most likely, before I can really dig in.