• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Getting a Syn tone.

Blackshirtproud

One Stringer
Feb 22, 2020
I am interested in obtaining Syn's tone as close as possible. I will be switching my pups to the Vader's soon and have a Blackstar ID Core 2 right now. Thinking of getting a Line 6 pod. But what other methods would you go about. Pedals? Etc? It seems that Chorus plays a good part. Help a Syner out?

Reactions: Nocturne

Dustin Stevens

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Maine
    m.youtube.com
    i think that before that he mentioned using a bogner in some interviews. also a tube screamer i think
    l. not quite sure of the amp settings but for me i put my lows at 3 or 4 my mids at around 5 and highs around 4. also dont crank your drive all the waay up. you just kinda gotta play with it and over time the tones your looking for will xome to you more quickly. oh and also when your trying to dial the amp, play the song and use your ear. They are an important tool. disclaimer im not pro but im satisfied with the sounds i get.

Reactions: Blackshirtproud
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Bellah83

Campfire Attention Holder
    Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Worth Tx
    A tube screamer in the front end helps. A high gain tube amp. And I think he dials in more highs and mids to cut through the two guitar mix. I had read or saw a video mentioning he likes to use a compressor too. Beyond that, a 10 band eq and maybe another pedal with resonance and presence control. A lot of his lead tone comes from the sustaniac neck pickup.

I'm not sure as much on the tone from The Stage album, the lead tones are incredible.

Reactions: Blackshirtproud