• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Guitar heroes

Saoirse Byrne

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
UK
Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I totally agree with everything he said, being a guitar wizard seems almost useless without a good song to put it in unfortunately most people don’t appreciate amazing guitar skills without a song.

I have to mention my current guitar hero, Tash Sultana. Only 25 years old and she has amazing guitar skills and writes great songs. Can improvise amazingly well and every performance is different like he was talking about. One of the few new artists who does guitar solos and isn’t in the metal genre, she’s like blues/psychedelic rock/reggae, very varied tbh. She’s a big inspiration for me right now

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Watched this the other night, brilliant video. I think he hit the nail right on the head with his description too. Songwriting or collaborating with a songwriter is key!
True, if you look at all the really great guitar solos there's usually a great song attached to it. If the songs isn't great I wouldn't even listen long enough to reach the guitar solo

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    True, if you look at all the really great guitar solos there's usually a great song attached to it. If the songs isn't great I wouldn't even listen long enough to reach the guitar solo
    Soooo much this ! My husband always makes fun of me because if I’m not hooked within a minute I’ve already decided I hate the song and won’t even listen anymore even if there’s supposedly a really awesome solo in it lol.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Soooo much this ! My husband always makes fun of me because if I’m not hooked within a minute I’ve already decided I hate the song and won’t even listen anymore even if there’s supposedly a really awesome solo in it lol.
    Exactly, I'm not gonna sit through 3-4 minutes because there might be a really cool guitar solo in there, I'm more of a bigger picture guy tbh