• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

How do I stop missing strings or hitting the wrong ones?

Ben Thorpe

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
It’s my worst habbit, and one I can’t seem to brake it. I constantly either miss strings or hit the wrong string. How do you stop doing that?! When playing guitar you need to have your eyes on the fretboard, not your strumming hand, but how do you stop hitting the wrong strings if you’re not looking at your strumming hand? Is it the way I’m holding the pick, or is there some secret that I’m unaware of? Any tips or advice would be much appreciated!

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
Just keep practicing. Trust me you’ll get through it. You can do an exercise where you use only your strumming hand and imagine one string in your head and try to play it without looking at your hand. Then imagine another one and do the same thing again. Eventually you will get the feel where each string is and you’ll start hitting correct strings more often.

Synner Endless Summer Collection