• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hype for upcoming a7x album?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
The only thing I know is it won’t be released any earlier than 2020 and besides I’m not sure us saying what we want/expect it to be will really matter because they’ll probably do whatever the hell they want
But if they take requests I’d like them to make a gypsy jazz record

J

Jak Angelescu

I agree with what Calvin said. As long as they don’t go all overly hip hop and start putting clapping and finger snapping with that dumb fake hi hat sound I’m good. SOOOO over it. Even rock and metal bands are starting to do that now.

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
If I’m being honest with you, I REALLY want it to be heavier, thrashier and darker. It’s a perfect time for them to bust out an epic, progressive thrash album full of blistering riffs, blast beats and solos. And I know chances for this are very slim, but I wish Matt would do some screaming vocals, at least like the ones he did in Not Ready To Die.
I wasn’t really a big fan of Mad Hatter, so I hope they don’t go that direction. And like others said, adding these “trendy” pop elements is a big no-no. We need something that rocks and makes you wanna shred hehe.

Renne Haapanen

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Finland
bit.ly
Hello.
I’m hoping for:
1. Gypsy jazz (In Syn’s solos or why not a whole song or a part of a song?)
2. Flamenco/Spanish inspired stuff (Example at “Remenissions” 1:55 & “Sidewinder” 4:44 & “God Damn” 2:20).
3. This weird stuff (Example at the intro of “Dose” & “Sunny Discposition” 2:54).
4. Duo guitar solos
5. Ambient stuff / Avant-garde (Example at “Exist”)
Let’s be patient haha.
-Renne from Finland

This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Renne Haapanen.