• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I feel broke

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Hi Yusuf!
I did a session the other day and the guy insisted I play his guitar because he liked the tone. I did – and it worked well. It was a Bullet Strat.
I learned to play on a broken acoustic guitar and Syn learned to play on a Squire Strat. Nothing to be ashamed of. Keep working! Good things will come!

Lenore M

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hi. 🙂 I played on a Squire forever. I still do sometimes. There are Bullets at the music shop and I play them whenever I’m there. Never minded playing on one. I’ve gotten great sound from used Rondo guitars too. Hope this helps.

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    I’m on an acoustic that is an off-off-off-off brand, haha. It’s 30 years old and a bitch to keep in tune. But I wouldn’t trade it for the world. It lets me participate in this school, let’s me learn guitar. Maybe someday I can upgrade but for now, it’s what I’ve got and it’s going to work for me.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Brian Oravetz

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Yusuf, it’s not about what guitar you have man; it’s how you use it.
    Some of the best guitarists in the world start on guitars that they did not like, and guess what; those guitars became amazing.
    Just play brother! Be proud of what you have, and how you make it sound!

Robert Freeborn

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    My first guitar was an Austin strat. I bought it in a camping surplus store. That thing might have been one of the worst guitars ever made, but I learned on it and still have it! There’s always a better guitar out there, but appreciate what you have! It’s the music that make that matters most.