• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I’m an Idiot.

Vasrely Derian

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
If there’s one thing I’m really really horrible at, its Guitar Maintenance (Specifically Changing Strings)
Today I changed my strings, I did the little loop thing that some guy from youtube told me, to keep the strings in tune. When I got to my High E string. I snapped off the slack at the end too short to make it go BOINK and go out of the loop.
I unwinded the string only to find out that it was too short and I can’t really tighten it properly without the string going out of tune over and over again.
I was frustrated, I was given a
choice to either play with 5 strings or buy a new set of strings only to just use 1/6th of it.
The thing about the loop technique thingy is that its confusing as hell, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Or maybe, its the fact that I have no idea what the fuck I’m doing.
EDIT: And yes, I will be buying a new set.
Sorry if I sound like a whiny bitch, I’m just really mad at myself right now.
But if you read it the whole way through, thank you for atleast listening.

Joe Giumarello

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
New Jersey
www.tiktok.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xxeRFEP1Y4 Here’s how I change my strings when it comes to the tuning pegs…also a lot of music stores sell strings individually, just ask an employee if they have a certain gauge of single strings and they can probably help you out. I usually load up on a 9 gauge string because they frequently break for me before the rest of the strings go bad. Hope this helps!

Vasrely Derian

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
The thing is, the closest music store is really really far away from where I live. I only get my strings from best buy, which is the only place closest to my area that sells strings. They don’t sell it individually.
I’ll check out the video though, thanks.

Synner Endless Summer Collection