• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Kiesel Guitars

Brian Oravetz

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I have a Kiesel and a Carvin. They are the same guitar, the company simply changed names.
Now… Let me tell ya. I love em. They are exceptionally well made guitars. Their schtick is “taking out the middle man” bit; so they sell straight to consumer. You can either get a amazing custom guitar at a very very good price (all things relative), or an off the rack guitar that they make for retail sale, or you can find insane deals on Carvin’s used.
Remember, Carvin’s are simply Kiesel’s with the old name. And in doing so, you’re getting a really really good deal. You can buy a CT6, which you would mistake for a PRS, for less than a thousand dollars. And I promise you that you would not miss out on a thing. The quality is awesome, the finish, the top whether it be flamed or quilted will be excellent, or even a regular finish. It will stand toe to toe to a PRS. The CT6 I have has quilted green top, ebony neck, and plays like an absolute dream.
Yes, I’m a fanboi because I took a chance and bought one. And it was so nice, I bought a second. And when I see another deal on one of their single cuts, I will buy a third.
For what it’s worth, I do have other guitars too! Including a Les Paul Custom Shop model. These Carvin’s and Kiesels give up nothing on that Custom Shop. Check em out.
Sorry to sound like a commercial or a salesman; but I could not be more thrilled.

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
I am actually a Kiesel artist. I signed with them about 4 years ago. They make beautiful instruments. All custom. Nothing imported. You don’t buy “off the rack”. You design your own guitar.
Fender sells a guitar wholesale guitar to the Guitar center for $1000. Then Guitar Center marks it up to $2000. You pay 100% over the cost of the guitar. Nothing wrong with that. Guitar Center has to make a living, too. You can’t get a Kiesel at Guitar Center. You can only get one from Kiesel. So they charge you $1000. So in essence you are getting a $2000 guitar for $1000. A $4000 guitar for $2000.
A brief history: The brothers that owned Carvin split the company up a couple of years ago. At that point they changed the name of their guitars to Kiesel – while Carvin concentrated on only amps, PAs, etc.
Kiesel is KILLING it right now with their guitar line. Unfortunately, Carvin has announced they are closing up shop – so no more amps.
I can’t recommend Kiesel guitars enough. There are two Brian Haner models available. They are both Gold Tops (Les Paul shape). One has a Wilkinson Trem. The other does not.

Brian Oravetz

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Wait, what? Now I know why I felt like I recognized your last name. I was thinking about getting that model. Small world.
Do you know if they have one your your non-trem models in stock?
Sometimes the website isn’t always up to date.

Brian Oravetz

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Brian, how is yours specced different than a “stock” version.
I ask out of curiosity. Obviously, not being a pro musician, I’d prefer to go down a path of someone who knows what’s up. I love the notion of a gold top. I was a Les Paul idiot before I started buying Carvin’s and Kiesel’s.