• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Misheard A7X Lyrics? (For Fun!)

J

Jak Angelescu

Okay, I can’t help it. From the FIRST song I heard from A7X, M Shadows quickly became my most misunderstood singer of all time. There’s at least a misheard lyric (mondegreen) in almost every song I hear and sometimes I’m like “That TOTALLY sounds like what he’s saying, although he’s not.”
Share some of yours with me! My first one was (I’m a newer fan) Buried Alive. He says “Evil thoughts can hide” but I thought he was saying “The evil Duncan Hines”
I also have thought the following…
1. Beast and the Harlot- “She’s a bitch-whore” What he really says “She’s a cage for”
2. Remenissions- “Their echoes are reaching my ass” What he really says “Their echoes are reaching my ears”
3. Shepherd of Fire- “Barrel of meat” What he really says “Bearer of needs”
4. Simulation- “We stand to lose all our jobs” What he really says “We stand to lose all our charm”
There are tons more that I have but those are the ones that have always stood out the most with me. My singer had so much fun teasing me when we sang Beast and the Harlot in the car together and she stopped and said, “Did you just say ‘bitch whore’?” I LEGITIMATELY thought that’s what he was saying! Now it’s an ongoing joke so much, that when we see A7X live, if they play the song she laughs at me and says “Look Jak, they’re playing your ‘bitch whore’ song!” It’s one of the greatest inside jokes we have!
So share some of yours with me! I’d love to hear them!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Great stuff! Can’t think of any A7X right now, but I’d like to know where you got “mondegreen” as the term? We called them “toomaloos,” because of the line in Pink Floyd’s “Comfortably Numb:”
    “My hands felt just like toomaloo” (two balloons)
    So where did “mondegreen” come from?
    Nevermind, you,Google, and Wikipedia schooled me.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen

Matt Wildman

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Liberty IN
    LOL! that’s funny. When I first got into A7X I had that problem too, but after listening to them for 5 years I grew out of it. I used to think that in Almost easy when he sings “I tried to hold on as you slowly slipped away” was “I died to go on as you slowly skipped away” Haha. Or even better “cause as soon as I’m done” in “so far away” sounded like “cause as soon as I’m hung” to me. I know horrible lol

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    I also heard the same thing you heard in Simulation. And the best part is that it makes sense within the context of the song.
    As for other songs, in Sidewinder I heard “wrapped around I’ll bury my things inside”. In Shepherd of Fire I thought it goes “But I’m a killer of simple choices”. I probably had more misheard lyrics, but that was when I first started listening to the band, and now I know their lyrics maybe even better than Shadows himself (he’s known to forget them on stage haha).

D K

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Belgium
    Sorry for the bump, but this just popped into my head. In lost, instead of “the end is knocking” I heard “Diane is not gay” (diane pronounced as dee-ann). I knew this was probably not what he was actually singing, but I couldn’t figure out what else it could be.

J

Jak Angelescu

Oh my gosh I just turned on the song lost and I swear to God that’s exactly what it sounds like he’s saying LOL!! I had no idea what he was saying there either but that’s pretty freaking priceless LOL!