• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Ok no laughing…

Stephanie Sypher

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
So started doing the lessons and realized that my little strat needed some work. I can’t play yet, but I do know how to work on it. Been planning on removing the pick guard so as not to mess up the signatures and the pick ups ps were REALLY loose. So…in the process of making a temp pick guard, improvised the “springs” to stabilize the pickups and am thinking about lining the body with the aluminum or copper tape. Damn! I need to go to guitar center!

Stephanie Sypher

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Oh I am totally confident…and almost done. It took awhile to make the pick guard. My first love was a wonderful guitar player, and made custom guitars, did repairs and taught me a lot. Unfortunately, he was not able to teach me to play. He was in the process of making a telecaster style guitar for mew when he passed away in a car accident. Our son has his 78 les Paul and will eventually have the solid cherry bodied strat that his dad handmade.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
YouTube is my friend too.. they usually have a video for every question Google cant answer. That’s actually how I learned finger positioning and whatnot back in the day.. there was this one YouTube artist I really liked his covers were great.
https://www.youtube.com/user/kareemb0