• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Papa Gates – Blues Lessons

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Hi Gang!
I have been working on new videos for the school, namely, over 2 hours of blues lessons that will cover theory, technique and application in several different genres. I’m excited to get that up and share my love for blues guitar with all of you!
I’m about halfway done, so if there is anything specific you would like me to cover – hit me up! I’ll be working on these for the next few weeks and hopefully we can get them up later this summer!
Cheers!
PG

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Awesome!
I’m absolutely in love with what B.B. King and Eric Clapton do so some tips and tricks on what they do would be awesome!
Besides that I really like delta blues aswell, so a lesson on that would be great too!

This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Ids Schiere.

Pablo De Miguel

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    I heard Syn talking about sincopated rithims in the “beast and the harlot” breakdown video and I would love to see a lesson about it. I have also heard about something called polyrhythims and i would love to see a lesson about ir too.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    VERY excited for this, Papa! Would love it if maybe later lessons in the series covered stepping outside the box patterns and stuff like that – breaking away from “standard” blues patterns and stuff to find your own voice.
    Nebulous request, I know… But YOU ASKED!

J

Jak Angelescu

Please please PLEASE do a section about classic blues-style licks and how to play them! Or even the difference between things like the Chicago blues and the delta blues. Anything! I seriously can’t wait!

Synner Endless Summer Collection