• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Playing "better" on a particular guitar ?

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Hey y’all !
    Has anyone else felt they play “better” on one guitar vs another ?
    I’m a noob so I’ve only been playing my guitar ( a fender strat)
    I had been working on a little riff and it was coming along pretty good, but I was also practicing other things ( I blame it on add)
    And I was tired of constantly retunning my guitar so I grabbed my husband schecter andd I honestly felt like my finger moments were much more fluid and I sounded better
    Could the guitar be the cause or am I just crazy ? Lol

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Yes. Well there is a lot of factors like the material, electronics, type of food, fretboard, etc… But overall, I know everyone praises gibson but I personally dont like the feel of their guitars. However I love schecter and all their different guitars. There is also the shape. For me, I dont like telecaster and i just dont feel comfortable playing them. Id be more comfortable playing an explorer or avenger type of guitar! Theres a good mix of personal taste and guitar quality that will make it sound right in your hands in my humble opinion

Patrick McHugh

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Definitely, different guitar brands have different neck shapes, whether it’s width, thickness and radius. it could also be be your setup, action might be higher than on your husbands guitar but a fender strat shouldn’t be going out of tune often. I’m a schecter fanboy so i’d always recommend one if you’re planning on upgrading! 😀

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    I’ll clarify my fender wasn’t going out of tune. I was practicing different things in different turnings. Lol. I got tired of down tuning and then going back to standard so I left my fender in standard and just grabbed the husbands to save time (his stays down tuned lol)
    And thanks y’all.
    And yeah, the first thing I noticed was the neck on the schecter seemed a big thinner than my fender so I’m thinking that may be why it felt so comfortable
    And the action on my fender is in fact higher than the husbands so I may need to get him to adjust mine. Lol

Synner Endless Summer Collection