• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Settings and volume

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    Whenever I try to play solos or tapping on the higher strings I'm often irritated by the volume difference between the strings. The bass strings are usually a lot louder.
    I have three guitars and the same problem with all of them so I'm convinced I'm missing a magical button in my settings. Switching pickups or adjusting the bass on my amp doesn't make it perfect either.
    Any tips I may not have thought of yet?

Bellah83

Campfire Attention Holder
    Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Worth Tx
    Whenever I try to play solos or tapping on the higher strings I'm often irritated by the volume difference between the strings. The bass strings are usually a lot louder.
    I have three guitars and the same problem with all of them so I'm convinced I'm missing a magical button in my settings. Switching pickups or adjusting the bass on my amp doesn't make it perfect either.
    Any tips I may not have thought of yet?
    Only other thing I can think of maybe is technique. Make sure you're flicking off your taps rather than just pulling off gingerly. I used to have similar issues with volumes on higher strings and I think I just had poor picking and pull-off technique. Try playing through headphones if your amp has a headphone Jack and see if the volumes still sound off.

Reactions: Lindsey
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Lucas Weiman

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    You need an amp, or pedal or effects board that has an eq, which will let you change the volume of each of your sound ranges, lows, mid, and highs. Something like this.

boss.JPG