• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Shadzman talking about his 2020

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I had some insider information that they had just gone into the studio right before Covid hit, which I was surprised about. I would've thought the album was done by then.

That's the funny thing that none of them are talking about, which is their right and I totally get it. When I met with Syn in the summer of 2019, his implication was that the bulk of the new record was done by that point. He was excited about it, and couldn't wait for people to hear it. So with them hopping back in the studio right before Covid, I have to believe that for whatever reason, they decided to scrap or redo a lot of what was done up to that point.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com

Truth. As much as the Stage was a critical and artistic success, releasing it with no hype absolutely decimated sales, and that cost them the bulk of the marketing capital they'd earned with the business success of HttK. I'm sure they feel like you said, and that experimenting with the release can have a devastating long-term effect on their perceived marketability and stature, especially on their new label. As long as they don't pull a Chinese Democracy (take 10 years and release a middling record), I'll be happy.

J

Jak Angelescu

I like how you worded this Calvin. I agree with you and you gave some excellent insight on things I hadn't considered

Reactions: Jamie London
    J

Jak Angelescu

My biggest frustration was what he said about the "band thing isn't that important".
    Excuse me?
    The band THING?

You mean your legacy you started with your late best friend and your dream that came true and millions of suicides your music prevented?

Very bad wording in my opinion.
    I could give a fuck less about his political opinions or when he actually releases the album.
    Like I get it's great to spend time with your family. But you have a job. Your band puts food on the table for your family and is the reason you can take them on all these lavish vacations.
    I felt like that was a big slap in the face.

I don't want new clothing drops every month I want a new fucking album. You're musicians not Rue 21.

I have more opinions but it'll start WW3 here so...
    I was talking with another student last night who we agreed on everything about this and they said it best:
    "I feel his choice of wording is going to make the fans turn against each other".

And look. He's right. It's already happening. On the reddit posts, on here, in private chats...

That's my opinion

Reactions: Daniel Sobota

Cooper Brady

Free Bird Player
  • Nov 2, 2020
    Augusta, Georgia
    I absolutely agree. And it's terrifying. Avenged Sevenfold has always been what I listen to when I feel like the whole world is trying to force feed you its shit, because it feels like the guys wrote music that relates to that, like they know how it feels. Now I'm scared that A7X is trending in that corporate, mainstream, "buy our merch" direction. It feels like there's a disconnect between the fans and the band. Maybe I'm nuts. I don't know.

I just realized after re-reading that post it sounds like a drunk rant. Oh well.

Reactions: Jak Angelescu
    J

Jak Angelescu

No I totally get your point and I feel what you feel

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Agree with everything you said! That's exactly what I was thinking.

Reactions: Ed Seith and idssdi

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Yeah, and many people won't be vaccinated, even if they want to, because of many reasons, like some diseases or even because the government won't have enough shots available for everybody (while a lot of countries are already giving the vaccine to its citizens, Brazil hasn't even approved a covid vaccine and the government only bought less than 3% of the amount of needles and syringes to vaccinate the population).

Reactions: Ed Seith and idssdi

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Yes, that part of "band thing isn't important" got me like: "excuse me?!?!? "
    I think his choice of words really wasn't very fortunate, but I got what he was saying. His family is his priority. He loves A7X, it's his legacy, like you said, but he's having all this time to enjoy with his kids and his wife, and also work on his voice.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Ed I actually think you're right with them restarting the album too. Which would make sense giving it was a new writing session. Light as well start from scratch. Maybe not rewrote each song. But record them from fresh. Sometimes songs take different journeys.

And to your immunity herd comment I also can see what you are saying. I'm not saying I'm one of those anti vaccine people but me personally get really nauseous after needles so it's something I'd rather avoid and I'm pretty con fident in my immune system as it is. I'm also 95% convinced i already had it last year so I'd rather pass it up to someone who feels they need it.

Reactions: Ed Seith

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland

Great points man! Haha yeah, that tour name would actually be money

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    All lives matter.