• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Syn rebel flag

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Someone asked him about the confederate flag guitar int he early days of the site, and he said that when he was younger, he just saw it as “southern pride,” but as he was exposed to more of the world, and things became more apparent, he no longer liked what it really stood for and retired it. You are unlikely to ever see it again.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Dime may not have. Dime was many things, but an instigator and hater? Not so much. He loved everyone and a good time. If he felt that guitar and the flag was becoming more recognized as a symbol of hate, he probably would have stopped using it. He ain’t Phil, that’s for sure.
    I personally never saw the appeal anyway. It’s the very definition of anti-American and a participation trophy.

Isaac Moss

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Yeah a lot of southerners just view it as a southern pride thing and Dime was a Texan haha. My new guitar teacher actually ran into Dime once in a bathroom at a Ted Nugent show back in the 90s XD he said Dime was like the nicest guy on the planet.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Nick Kay

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    I don’t think Dime was a hateful person, but Phil on the other hand…
    Not a fan of his, I’ll just leave it at that
    I too saw a video of Syn playing that guitar in a video compilation, and I was kind of taken aback by it, but then I realized it was probably because of Dime, and quickly got over it
    As far as it being “Southern Pride” — well, I don’t believe it is, that’s just me though — and here’s a quote from the guy who actually designed the flag, he called it “The White Man’s Flag”
    “As a people, we are fighting to maintain the heaven ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race”
    😐