• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Syn school collab

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    A simple progression in a common key – maybe just two chords, like a John Mayer verse . A 30 second loop for each person to solo over.
    I think you’d have to limit entries to only the isolated track (stem) from a DAW, as opposed to a mixed track or in-room playing over the rhythm. Getting different version of the rhythm track would make mixing and unification really hard. I’d be down, and could also collect and mix.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Me and someone else just tried this a month ago. Made a track. 8 people said theyd do it. Once the track was made only one person asked which was the post starter. But no one else got involved. These never seem to work out. I have big doubt itll get finished but if you make the track I’ll play along.

J

Jak Angelescu

Calvin is right. Many students tried to do this several times before and it never went anywhere. The biggest thing if you’re going to start a project like this is that you have to set a deadline and have to issue constant reminders to people every week. Being the procuring cause of a project means you have a lot of work you have to do. You are essentially the leader of it and you have to keep everybody on board or it doesn’t happen. I think that this is a great idea but as somebody who has been here a year and a half I have seen it be attempted roughly 12 times and it has yet to actually come to fruition. I would love to see this actually happen and get solidly finished cuz I would love to share it and watch it and I’m sure Papa Gates and Master Shredder would love to see it as well! It would be a great thing to show off for the school.