• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Syn's Epic Solo

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I’d definitely like to hear more of his own writing, but as far as soloing goes, it’s pretty clear he has carte blanche from the band to play lead wherever he pretty much wants to. I mean, they may vote on whether something sounds good or right together, but that’s a GOOD thing. An Avenged Sevenfold record is, in and of itself, a soloing masterclass.

J

Jak Angelescu

I think I faintly recall him saying something about a jazz solo album. But I’ve heard so much I can’t recall if it was fans talking about it or something he would just like to do in the future. To be fair, anything Syn did I’d support and love. He could release a polka album and I’d buy it

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I think he said in an interview that he had to choose between doing a solo album and doing this school and he chose the school. Maybe in the future we will get a Syn Gates gypsy jazz record(that’s my personal hope anyway)

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Tbh I only use that solo as a showcase of which techniques are around. He somehow makes one of the most shreddy solos I know sound musical(all the credits in the word go to you for this Syn) but tbh I think Syn did better in some solos he did. Yeah I’m a musician guy(also the reason that besides Syn George Harrison is also in my equation top 5 favourite guitarists of all time(please take this as a compliment Syn))