• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What are you currently listening to?

Bartosz Tkaczyk

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
New Bullet album is really different from their previous albums. There are few catchy songs but i don’t know what to think about this album as a whole. Good rock album and it’s cool they were brave enough to do something like this after Temper Temper. As a BFMV album it’s not their best work. If you know what i mean. Not including Don’t Need You and singles, Leap of Faith is probably the best song on this record. Not Dead Yet is pretty cool too. Breath Underwater is a surprise for me beacuse the only acoustic songs they released were on deluxe editions of SAF and The Poison and it’s a closing track!

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Ehh, I really don’t like thew new BFMV album. It feels like they forced the commercial sound instead of writing organically. Every song has the same formula, slow poppy verses and “heavier” choruses that are super catchy. There are also no solos on the album. Really weak imo, might be their worst album for me…
On the that note, here’s something that I really like haha.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Listened to Dream Theater’s “Awake” and “The Astonishing” back to back to see if I could figure out why they’re not as good as they used to be. The only things I can come up with:
    1. Kevin Moore had some kind of magic sauce that turned tons of awesome riffs and mathematical arrangements into actual SONGS.
    2. Portnoy was not necessarily a better drummer than Mike Mangini, who I’ve always liked, but he was a LOT more creative.
    That’s all I got.