• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What are you working on?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I haven’t played a gig in TWENTY ONE FUCKING YEARS. That’s right kids, before a lot of you were born was the last time I stood on a stage. April 1997. For 2017, I decided I was going to get back out there. I had a few false starts with bands that didn’t measure up to my expectations, and now I have a project I’ve joined that is way outside my comfort zone and something I never would have thought I would do. It’s going to start life as a Stone Temple Pilots cover band, so I’m learning a dozen STP tunes.
    I tweaked a tone in my AxeFX to be less metal and more STP, and I’m working on learning the tunes. After a few gigs, we’ll add a variety of tunes into the mix from the 80s, 90s and today – some more metallic stuff, but.. Yeah. STP. Never would have guessed it in a million years for this classic metal/modern rock guy.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Elijah Wormsley

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Besides playing along to endless repetitions of my favorite Breaking Benjamin or Skillet songs, I’ve begun the arduous task of improving my soloing. I’ve realized my solos tend to be lackluster, and I’d like to fix that. I’ve been working on my sweeping, tapping, and hand sychronization.

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    My solos were as predictable as a Dragon Ball final fight, so I started from there (the CAGED system did wonders for me in that regard).
    I am also keen on improving my speed in order to be able to shred and sweep, so the next step in that regard is going to be practicing and improving my picking and legato, followed by sweeping.

Brandon Ortiz

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    I’m working on being the very best like no one ever was. To learn the modes is my real quest. To play them is my cause. I will travel across the internet. Searching far and wide. Teach mainstream peasants to understand, the power that’s inside.

Brandon Jones

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Writing riffs and trying to break the unfortunate bad habit I’ve came with sweeping. I was taught that on the E string it’s a downstroke then upstroke into the sweep, realized by the lessons that it isn’t. So time to break that habit! Improving on economy picking as well!

Héctor Borges

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Well i was starting to create songs, my teacher was going to record then for me so i could have it, shamely he had to go off the country, now im just writing them in a notebook and adding stuff to the songs i hope to upload them here but first i have to practice more and change all my strings, and im doing more excersices for my fingers, sorry for my bad english 😀

Lenore M

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    My band mate and I are writing a new song called “Vigilante’s Play”, but more of my time is on sweeps, and the lessons about them here. Maybe I’ll write a song about how bad I am at sweeps. That would totally sell. 🙂

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Good stuff everyone! Anyone wanna chime in and help your fellow guitarists out? I’ll be uploading a video soon to hopefully help some of you guys out. I will unfortunately be out of commission for a few days though. Remember,we’re all here to bring each up! If you have any input or just want to share your progress, this is the place to do it!