• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Should I start learning solos?

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I just finished a new solo: Fade to black 1st solo. I think @Dominik Graeber suggested this one.

Love it! I am actually working on this one again too! There is so much one can improve on on solos like this, play this run a little smoother, hold this note a little longer, have a stronger vibrato.

Csgozzo91

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Apr 10, 2020
    Madrid, Spain.
    I think that learn solos is the best way to practice and enjoy. The solos it´s like a pill of information and great exercise. At the end the theory it can be learned step by step along the time. I understand your situation, i have a kid too and it´s to difficult have practice.

I can recommend you @Mariler Ferrer Back in Black by ACDC to improve your technique and try to challenge your skills.

Reactions: Mariler

Mariler

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Nov 11, 2019
    Zaragoza, Spain
    Love it! I am actually working on this one again too! There is so much one can improve on on solos like this, play this run a little smoother, hold this note a little longer, have a stronger vibrato.
    Right! I might play it like 100 times in a row and will never sound exactly the same because every time I find something to be improved

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Mariler

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Nov 11, 2019
    Zaragoza, Spain
    Wow thats so good!! Sounds really good. Keep up the good work! Practising this one too, but didnt got further then the first part of it
    It’s a nice solo to practice. It took me long to get here because I tried it a few months ago and I quit. Decided to focus on the rhythm parts of the song. Then when Dominik mentioned it I wanted to give it a shot again and this time went better. There’s still some parts that I need to improve to make it sound smoother

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Kim

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    It’s a nice solo to practice. It took me long to get here because I tried it a few months ago and I quit. Decided to focus on the rhythm parts of the song. Then when Dominik mentioned it I wanted to give it a shot again and this time went better. There’s still some parts that I need to improve to make it sound smoother
    But you restarted the solo like this week? So thats very fast that you play it like this. You motivated me to try it too, also the harder part :)

Mariler

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Nov 11, 2019
    Zaragoza, Spain
    But you restarted the solo like this week? So thats very fast that you play it like this. You motivated me to try it too, also the harder part :)
    Like two weeks ago I would say. I already knew the notes so I guess it’s a lot easier than when you start new.
    Go ahead, try the 15 fret part, if I can do it that means that it’s not that hard 🤣just takes some patience and slow practice using the metronome

Kim

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Like two weeks ago I would say. I already knew the notes so I guess it’s a lot easier than when you start new.
    Go ahead, try the 15 fret part, if I can do it that means that it’s not that hard 🤣just takes some patience and slow practice using the metronome
    Still im impressed that you did it in 2 weeks. Ok, im gonna try it! I cant get the hang of working with metronome. I tried it this week couple of times with some videos, but i cant get do it.. Only when every click is a note i pick, but not one click for like 2, 3 or 4 notes. Instead of metronome i use website ultimate guitar tabs en loop a section and set percentage lower, so i can play along and speed it up a little every time

Reactions: Mariler

Nathan Bearden

Garage band Groupie
    May 5, 2020
    Barnwell, Sc
    Still im impressed that you did it in 2 weeks. Ok, im gonna try it! I cant get the hang of working with metronome. I tried it this week couple of times with some videos, but i cant get do it.. Only when every click is a note i pick, but not one click for like 2, 3 or 4 notes. Instead of metronome i use website ultimate guitar tabs en loop a section and set percentage lower, so i can play along and speed it up a little every time
    Try using a backing track of the song. They work great!

Reactions: Mariler and Kim
    Synner Endless Summer Collection