• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

old school shredder

L

Locomule

Someone mentioned this site on Reddit. I recently bought a Boss Katana amp for my daughter and he didn't want it so I started messing with it and fell in love, so I'm playing again. I started on viola and violin so I'm looking forward to getting back to some guitar theory and talking shop with other players. I've played guitar since 1986.

Edit: Help!! Anyone? Ever since joining the site I have been unable to get any comments, posts, replies, status updates, etc to post without getting moderator approval first. I posted this Monday and it wasn't approved and visible until Thursday. Is this normal for this site? I feel like my account is bugged. I sent in a help request using Contact Us but didn't get a response. Besides Likes the only thing I've been able to do was post media of me playing a song but I can't reply to the people who responded to it which seems really weird. If there was some kind of probationary period for new members I'd think you'd be notified about it but I can't find mention anywhere of such a period. Looks like my SGS run my have ended before it even began :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Lol, I'm literally begging for help with this site an somehow my post ends up being the only one without a response :D
    I give up, this is hopeless.
    Hey dude ! So, I’m not 100% sure what’s going on but I knew the site had some issues awhile back with spammers and bots and some people not really following guidelines so a lot of the new members have to have content approved before it pops up. We also recently lost our admin so that could be the cause fo the delay as well.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Hey man, welcome! You've come to the right place to learn, share, discuss and gain wisdom in the guitar universe.
    Alicia is right, the delay is probably because our most active admin took a step back lately so everything might run a bit slow right now. It was necessary because of this huge wave of spam bots as Alicia already mentioned.

Reactions: Alicia Willis
    J

Jak Angelescu

Someone mentioned this site on Reddit. I recently bought a Boss Katana amp for my daughter and he didn't want it so I started messing with it and fell in love, so I'm playing again. I started on viola and violin so I'm looking forward to getting back to some guitar theory and talking shop with other players. I've played guitar since 1986.

Edit: Help!! Anyone? Ever since joining the site I have been unable to get any comments, posts, replies, status updates, etc to post without getting moderator approval first. I posted this Monday and it wasn't approved and visible until Thursday. Is this normal for this site? I feel like my account is bugged. I sent in a help request using Contact Us but didn't get a response. Besides Likes the only thing I've been able to do was post media of me playing a song but I can't reply to the people who responded to it which seems really weird. If there was some kind of probationary period for new members I'd think you'd be notified about it but I can't find mention anywhere of such a period. Looks like my SGS run my have ended before it even began :/

There isn't a team of 100 people on watch 24/7 on this site. It's literally like 3 people who all have lives and other jobs. Give them time to approve your stuff.

L

Locomule

There isn't a team of 100 people on watch 24/7 on this site. It's literally like 3 people who all have lives and other jobs. Give them time to approve your stuff.
    Wow, I cannot BELIEVE you tracked my down on Reddit to call me an "entitled prick". All because I gave up after over a week of begging for help and not getting a single response? Do you seriously think my reaction was that unwarranted and deserves such a response? That is slightly insane.

Good luck everyone, you re gonna need it.

Synner Endless Summer Collection
    J

Jak Angelescu

Wow, I cannot BELIEVE you tracked my down on Reddit to call me an "entitled prick". All because I gave up after over a week of begging for help and not getting a single response? Do you seriously think my reaction was that unwarranted and deserves such a response? That is slightly insane.

Uh... I'm not on reddit I have no idea what you're talking about.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com

I'm the one who commented on your Reddit post, and it was because you were being an entitled prick, which you're doing here, too. It wasn't hard to CLINK THE LINK YOU POSTED and find your toxic bullshit there.

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    Dude. Chill the fuck out. The world doesnt revolve around you. There’s real people here, with real lives, that run the site. This is all free after all, so honestly the people here dont owe you shit. If you’re going to spend your time bashing people, who didnt even “track you down” i think its best you see your way out. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

J

Jak Angelescu

Dude. Chill the fuck out. The world doesnt revolve around you. There’s real people here, with real lives, that run the site. This is all free after all, so honestly the people here dont owe you shit. If you’re going to spend your time bashing people, who didnt even “track you down” i think its best you see your way out. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

*fans self* my, my, MY Jesse

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    I am going to play Devils Advocate and say that he raises some valid points (even though his form of expressing them is pretty dickish). If a new user to this site isn't informed of the post approval process, or other anti spam measures that may negatively affect their experience, I have no doubt it would be very frustrating, particularly if they are asking for help or advice.

Also, if there are post approval processes in place, there should be adequate people in a position to ensure these posts are read and approved (or dissaproved) at least once a day.

If we want new users to be active then we need to make sure they can be.

Manvir B

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Kingston, England
    1227.jpg
    yee haw. Fastest hands in the wild West.

• Haha
    Reactions: Jesse Salmons
    J

Jak Angelescu

I am going to play Devils Advocate and say that he raises some valid points (even though his form of expressing them is pretty dickish). If a new user to this site isn't informed of the post approval process, or other anti spam measures that may negatively affect their experience, I have no doubt it would be very frustrating, particularly if they are asking for help or advice.

Also, if there are post approval processes in place, there should be adequate people in a position to ensure these posts are read and approved (or dissaproved) at least once a day.

If we want new users to be active then we need to make sure they can be.

I understand that point very easily. HOWEVER, students (new and old) need to understand that we are TRYING to get these things implemented. It takes time. Syn has a lot of tricks up his sleeve for this school but they aren't going to be ready until about 5-6 months. And there ARE things that come up. It'll say "your post is awaiting admin approval." I understood his frustration, but I'm the boss bitch that spent TWO TIMES A DAY approving his posts except for ONCE when I told Syn at the drop of a hat my life went to hell in a hand basket and I needed to step down as an admin.
    I was the ONLY one clearing out the queue twice a day because the other men are really busy. Heaven forbid i have a personal crisis and took two days off. I got into his account and checked the activity. He was completely out of touch with reality with when things were approved.
    We have a meeting on Wednesday to talk shop and yes, even though I dropped as an admin, I'm going because apparently this site can't last a day without being monitored 24/7 or some douchebag shit-talking Syn and his school on some dumb forum post and tainting my name. Just like last time I tried to take a break all hell broke loose and innocent students were used as cannon fodder for someone's emotional issues and a whole drama pit of snakes opened up.

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    I was the ONLY one clearing out the queue twice a day because the other men are really busy.

There lies part of the problem. I was a moderator/admin on a gaming forum years back, we had a fraction of the members in comparasin to this site and we had 4 of us looking after things. It's a mammoth task for one person to take care of.

Reactions: Ed Seith
    J

Jak Angelescu

There lies part of the problem. I was a moderator/admin on a gaming forum years back, we had a fraction of the members in comparasin to this site and we had 4 of us looking after things. It's a mammoth task for one person to take care of.
    It really isn't a hard task. People just need to be patient and understanding, you know? It takes 5 minutes for me to approve 100 posts but I'm not going to do that 20 times a day because people can't be patient. And I'm not the ONLY one doing it. I'm just the most active one doing it

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    I understand that point very easily. HOWEVER, students (new and old) need to understand that we are TRYING to get these things implemented. It takes time. Syn has a lot of tricks up his sleeve for this school but they aren't going to be ready until about 5-6 months. And there ARE things that come up. It'll say "your post is awaiting admin approval." I understood his frustration, but I'm the boss bitch that spent TWO TIMES A DAY approving his posts except for ONCE when I told Syn at the drop of a hat my life went to hell in a hand basket and I needed to step down as an admin.
    I was the ONLY one clearing out the queue twice a day because the other men are really busy. Heaven forbid i have a personal crisis and took two days off. I got into his account and checked the activity. He was completely out of touch with reality with when things were approved.
    We have a meeting on Wednesday to talk shop and yes, even though I dropped as an admin, I'm going because apparently this site can't last a day without being monitored 24/7 or some douchebag shit-talking Syn and his school on some dumb forum post and tainting my name. Just like last time I tried to take a break all hell broke loose and innocent students were used as cannon fodder for someone's emotional issues and a whole drama pit of snakes opened up.

See though, we know that and we love you for it. But UX (User Experience) is a bitch as well. I learned that the hard way when I had my websites evaluated by a graphic designer who told me they suck because the user can't figure out s**t and generally skims the website rather than reading the details. The fact that you have created the post for new students though is a step in the right direction.

As Adin said, this needs to be explicitly stated. It doesn't have to contain exact numbers (i.e. we will get back to you in 2 days or bust). I get that there's a better way of conveying one's frustrations at this matter and I get why you're pissed. But a generic message when posting like "Duu to a large number of spam attacks in the past, we need to make sure you are not one. Please allow a few days until this gets approved." will do wonders. Again, the thread you made for new students is a step in the right direction.

I am a software developer and I know how much it takes to get shit done right. And spoiler alert, it's like Jak said, it takes months. I can understand it takes time, but most people don't know or don't care.