• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
idssdi

Rest stroke picking practice

I have been playing gypsy jazz for a while now but only really.cared about scales, chords and Arpeggios used and never about the picking technique so somewhat as a new years resolution I figured I'd start working on rest stroke picking (gypsy picking). It feels a little bit like I'm a beginner again
I hadn't heard of this before. I saw it in the forum earlier but didn't look it up until now. It looks pretty interesting. Is it much different than pick slanting?

Reactions: idssdi
I hadn't heard of this before. I saw it in the forum earlier but didn't look it up until now. It looks pretty interesting. Is it much different than pick slanting?
Pickslanting is a diagonal movement. This seems more straight up and down to me and you're hand shouldn't be on the bridge to do it. Also the downstroke really has to come from your elbow.

Reactions: Lindsey
Pickslanting is a diagonal movement. This seems more straight up and down to me and you're hand shouldn't be on the bridge to do it. Also the downstroke really has to come from your elbow.
Thanks. I'll have to look up some videos about it. ;)

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
idssdi
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media