• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Ethan Keeling

Shepard of fire solo

more of a progress vid, would love to hear feedback so I can improve in areas. But onwards and upwards for now!
I love that you're playing with a clean sound! There are some bits that need a little work but overall it Sounds pretty good! I was just wondering, do you practice with a metronome?

Reactions: Ethan Keeling
That was pretty good. You seem to have the notes mostly down. Now I would suggest playing it slower so you can work on those transitions and as soon as you can connect everything slowly increase the tempo again, best with a metronome.

Reactions: Ethan Keeling
I love that you're playing with a clean sound! There are some bits that need a little work but overall it Sounds pretty good! I was just wondering, do you practice with a metronome?
i practise exercises with a metronome but not solos... mainly because i dont understand how I would set the metronome up if that makes sense, as some parts of the solo are faster than others etc. Any advice on this?

That was pretty good. You seem to have the notes mostly down. Now I would suggest playing it slower so you can work on those transitions and as soon as you can connect everything slowly increase the tempo again, best with a metronome.
I'm beginning to do just that, I just need to incorporate the metronome in. Thanks for the advice!!

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
i practise exercises with a metronome but not solos... mainly because i dont understand how I would set the metronome up if that makes sense, as some parts of the solo are faster than others etc. Any advice on this?
You don't have to change the settings of the metronome when it is faster. Try to get aquatinted with rhythmic notation(quarter, 8th, 16th notes etc.) Basically each one has a certain number of notes per beat. So for example maybe a part is in quarter notes and the next part is in 16th notes. The quarter notes is one note per beat and the 16th notes is 4 notes per beat but the BPM doesn't change. Just the amount of notes you play in that same timeframe changes.

You don't have to change the settings of the metronome when it is faster. Try to get aquatinted with rhythmic notation(quarter, 8th, 16th notes etc.) Basically each one has a certain number of notes per beat. So for example maybe a part is in quarter notes and the next part is in 16th notes. The quarter notes is one note per beat and the 16th notes is 4 notes per beat but the BPM doesn't change. Just the amount of notes you play in that same timeframe changes.
Ahh I get it. I'll give it a go. Thanks for the help. In a month or so I'll put up an update video!

Reactions: idssdi

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Ethan Keeling
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media