• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Matt Wildcat

(PART 2) "Hope County" Far Cry New Dawn Guitar Cover

After taking a break yesterday, I came back and improved! I'm a lot more confident with playing this now, just one slight slip-up nearing the end which you'll definitely hear but I think I recovered well. I'm playing along to the official soundtrack, and the timing at the start is pretty hard to nail down, but I got really close! Finger positions are a lot better too, just gotta work on slides and making those notes sound smoother. It's not so easy standing up, but worth it! Got a better tone on the amp too, it's not much but it's better! Hope you like it! \m/
J
Really really really well done! Great job for standing up and playing it! I can tell that you are getting more comfortable with your left hand. That makes me so happy! My only criticism is to work on your vibrato and make sure it comes through where you want it to be. Really twist your wrist and hold that string hard! Also I have some minor concerns with how you allow your four fingers of your picking hand to just lay open like that. I would highly recommend you gaining some control over how you want them to be instead of just laying open like that. There are some people who do it but they have their fingers a little bit more flexed. There were some times that I feared that if you were to go to the lower strings, those four fingers might hit the other strings that you are not intentionally playing. This little piece you performed had a lot of note jumping and I'm really glad you nailed everything! Keep practicing!

• Love
Reactions: Matt Wildcat
Really really really well done! Great job for standing up and playing it! I can tell that you are getting more comfortable with your left hand. That makes me so happy! My only criticism is to work on your vibrato and make sure it comes through where you want it to be. Really twist your wrist and hold that string hard! Also I have some minor concerns with how you allow your four fingers of your picking hand to just lay open like that. I would highly recommend you gaining some control over how you want them to be instead of just laying open like that. There are some people who do it but they have their fingers a little bit more flexed. There were some times that I feared that if you were to go to the lower strings, those four fingers might hit the other strings that you are not intentionally playing. This little piece you performed had a lot of note jumping and I'm really glad you nailed everything! Keep practicing!
Thank you, Jak!! With vibrato, I always used to do it just by bending my fingers and not moving my wrist, so I think I need to go over it again! With my picking hand, I never really know what to do with my fingers, honestly. I think I kinda use them just to keep me in place, I tried keeping them really close (even tried like how Syn holds his) and found it pretty difficult. Might just need to re-learn playing that way? I appreciate your comments and advice though, thank you!!

• Love
Reactions: Jak Angelescu
J
Thank you, Jak!! With vibrato, I always used to do it just by bending my fingers and not moving my wrist, so I think I need to go over it again! With my picking hand, I never really know what to do with my fingers, honestly. I think I kinda use them just to keep me in place, I tried keeping them really close (even tried like how Syn holds his) and found it pretty difficult. Might just need to re-learn playing that way? I appreciate your comments and advice though, thank you!!
If you would like me to upload a video on how to do a proper wrist vibrato I'd be more than happy to do it! Holding my fingers the way he does is also very difficult but I've been trying to do it a little bit more often because I've noticed that it's easier to do certain picking techniques that way. You would be best to watch different guitarists and see how they do it

• Love
Reactions: Matt Wildcat
If you would like me to upload a video on how to do a proper wrist vibrato I'd be more than happy to do it! Holding my fingers the way he does is also very difficult but I've been trying to do it a little bit more often because I've noticed that it's easier to do certain picking techniques that way. You would be best to watch different guitarists and see how they do it
If you're able to, that would be amazing, thank you! In that case, I'll do myself a bit of research and see what I can find that works best. Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: Jak Angelescu

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Matt Wildcat
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings