• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

“The Hell Song” - Sum41

Punk rock/ pop punk was my first love....aside from classic rock. I’m trying to learn this for my brother ! 😊

I’m pretty happy with how far my palm mutes have come. I’ve found though I have a hard time doing them well on other guitars. I’m most comfortable playing my strat.
Also, I know I need to work on alternate strumming....but I mean it’s punk... ya gotta go hard with the down stums 🙃 plus it’s fun and I’m all about having fun !

Haha that being said, I did try to build up some tension and “slowly” go into the open chords.... not sure if I achieved that well enough though.
This is one of my favourite songs to play still. I remember I couldn't play it right for years because I alternate picked it. 😂
Nice done

Reactions: Alicia Willis
Nice job! Didint know this song, but its fun :)Very good palm muting. I have harder time on my Les Paul than i did on my Ibanez.

Reactions: Alicia Willis
Nice job! Didint know this song, but its fun :)Very good palm muting. I have harder time on my Les Paul than i did on my Ibanez.
I have a hard time getting palm mutes right on the les Paul too. Something about the bridge makes it awkward to rest my palm where I need too. Glad I’m not the only one !

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media