• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
idssdi

Riff challenge - Good Love is on the way

@Jacques challenged me to learnt his song by the John Mayer trio so my love/hate relationship with free time continues(love to listen to it and hate to play along with it). It's a bit scruffy at times and my way somehow at time completely like muffles out certain notes in the solo but ooh well..
Damn dude!!!!!! That was f%$&*# excellent!! You looked really comfortable playing it too. I noticed you using your thumb alot over the neck of the guitar, was it more for muting or chords? I need to utilize my thumb more i feel like, i might practice this cover and try to mimic some of that!

I cannot even critique anything, only comments on how good it was! lol

Reactions: idssdi
Damn dude!!!!!! That was f%$&*# excellent!! You looked really comfortable playing it too. I noticed you using your thumb alot over the neck of the guitar, was it more for muting or chords? I need to utilize my thumb more i feel like, i might practice this cover and try to mimic some of that!

I cannot even critique anything, only comments on how good it was! lol
Haha thank you very much!

I really enjoy playing rhcp, srv, Jimi Hendrix and John Mayer type stuff to name a few. The thumb basically acts as muting but also to play the bass note and make an extra finger available when you play. Basically if you want to play songs by the artists mentioned above being able to play bass notes with your thumb is pretty much a necessity.

It also allows for cool voicings of chords because 5 fingers available to fret gives more options.

• Love
Reactions: Jacques
I LOVE this! You gotta cover the whole Where the Light Is now cause this is just fantastic!
Hahaha thank you!

I plan to do Come When I call, every day I have The Blues, gravity, I'm gonna find another you, neon, out of my mind, Vultures, Who did you think I was and why Georgia at some point but you know you can definetely do some magic trick to make me do other ones as well 😅

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
idssdi
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media