• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Dominik Gräber

Hail to the King Solo Cover

Throwback to that time the SGS and @Jak Angelescu helped me learning the Solo to HTTK. Jak posted a thread about setting a goal and working on it every day for a month. This was the result.

Thought I reupload it as it was one of the videos that disappeared as bug on the old school website.
J
I remember this! You have come so far and I couldn't be more proud of you!

• Love
Reactions: Dominik Gräber
I see you're not practicing this anymore, but in the future if you want your sweep picking to be clean and effortless you gotta learn how to use rest strokes. It appears as though you're thinking about picking each note in the arpeggio at :42, as opposed to one large sweep motion across those 3 strings. Rest strokes are hard to explain in a comment since it's a somewhat complex idea, but It's impossible to sweep fast and clean without them. I would be more than happy to show it to you over skype if you want. Good luck!

I see you're not practicing this anymore, but in the future if you want your sweep picking to be clean and effortless you gotta learn how to use rest strokes. It appears as though you're thinking about picking each note in the arpeggio at :42, as opposed to one large sweep motion across those 3 strings. Rest strokes are hard to explain in a comment since it's a somewhat complex idea, but It's impossible to sweep fast and clean without them. I would be more than happy to show it to you over skype if you want. Good luck!
Since then I know more about sweep Picking and did a Lot about my playing. Hell even the way I Held the Pick was awfull. Although still Not being able to sweep I know how you should do it and practice it occationally. But thanks for pointing it out!

Reactions: Lucas Weiman

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Dominik Gräber
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media