• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

My take on “Blown Away”

Disclaimer: I am NOT a singer lol

However, I have wanted to play and sing for myself for quite some time now but was too scared to try.
This is my take on “Blown Away” by Carrie Underwood.
It’s a very stripped down version of the original and I modified the chorus because... my ass can’t sing let alone belt like Carrie lol
Also, I kind of like it better being a bit more melancholy.

Fun fact : I don’t even particularly care for country music, but I love this song.

Wasn’t going to post this but I was proud I actually accomplished what I set out to do even if it isn’t great.
You'll only get better by keeping it up. 2 years ago I could barely scream let alone sing now I cam hold my screams.for days and my pitches are getting g higher and better controlled. Although this pandemic has put a hold on now luch practise I grt (most singing is done on the way to work lol)

Reactions: Alicia Willis
You'll only get better by keeping it up. 2 years ago I could barely scream let alone sing now I cam hold my screams.for days and my pitches are getting g higher and better controlled. Although this pandemic has put a hold on now luch practise I grt (most singing is done on the way to work lol)
Yep ! Practice practice practice ! I just want to be able to do both at once. It was struggle to play even simpl cords and get the lyrics right. I can do that now I think it’s a step in the right direction. 😁

Quite honestly you didn't do that bad. I think you just need practice with holding your vibrato.. which is muscle build up... but you sound like you could put some real power into your voice once you feel more confident.

I cant really play and sing. I would do one or the other. I definitely know I could take lead on vocals but I feel like I'd blow me chords like Matt has several times lol. I think I'd rather do back up vocals and let me guitar do most of my singing. And then my solo material.

• Love

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings