• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Matt Wildcat

Work on Fluid Sweeping

Another long vid. Here, I try and sort out my sweeping motions. My commentary isn't exactly the greatest, and looking over the vid, I'm actually kinda doubting whether I got it down and if I'm being too critical of myself. I attempted to take what I learned from the first sweep picking lesson, but I really think I need to keep working to get it right. I'm not happy with my pick placement, and I'm not actually sure if I'm tilting right and getting that fluid motion. It felt more compared to previously? Honestly, I don't know. Any comments, suggestions, ideas, etc are appreciated, because I'm unsure.
What I admire about you is that you sit down and are not afraid to fail and talk about where you're at and what you are doing wrong. I am sure you will get this perfect faster than you think!
In the meantime, here are some thoughts / tips. Go watch a movie or show you already know. Take your guitar and fiddle with that riff, you don't even have to pay 100% attention. This helps your muscle memory and you sneak in some extra practice time!
However, I recently discovered I can be more successfull practicing licks coming from ME und not anybody else. I know you want to get this song done, but if you feel inspired, take a scale you know and write your own sweep lick and work on that. It might amaze you how fast you progress with your own lick.
Last but not least I know @Ben Grosskreuz has some good videos on sweeping like Syn, maybe that helps too.

• Love
Reactions: Matt Wildcat
What I admire about you is that you sit down and are not afraid to fail and talk about where you're at and what you are doing wrong. I am sure you will get this perfect faster than you think!
In the meantime, here are some thoughts / tips. Go watch a movie or show you already know. Take your guitar and fiddle with that riff, you don't even have to pay 100% attention. This helps your muscle memory and you sneak in some extra practice time!
However, I recently discovered I can be more successfull practicing licks coming from ME und not anybody else. I know you want to get this song done, but if you feel inspired, take a scale you know and write your own sweep lick and work on that. It might amaze you how fast you progress with your own lick.
Last but not least I know @Ben Grosskreuz has some good videos on sweeping like Syn, maybe that helps too.
Honestly, I've never even thought of trying something like that out before. Normally I just kinda sit down and have to focus 110% on what I'm playing (And possibly ending up overthinking it?) Definitely got a few shows I planned on watching again, so I think I might just have to give that a go!
It's funny, I don't think I've ever sat down and properly written a proper lick either, despite having started looking at scales a fair while ago. Besides, if I keep playing this song over and over with nothing else, I'll probably go insane :ROFLMAO: I'll go check out those videos too!
Thank you!

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
Flattered dude!
Here's the video:

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Matt Wildcat
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings