• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

A little something I came up with today

Just a little something I came up with today.
I tried a little picking pattern over the chords and then some mutes. I can’t play exactly what I hear in my head lol but I think it gets the idea across.
That makes me seriously want to Play acoustic again! I totally Loved it! Really interesting to listen to and good Job on that Picking pattern! You get the Transitions perfect in no Time for Sure!

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
That makes me seriously want to Play acoustic again! I totally Loved it! Really interesting to listen to and good Job on that Picking pattern! You get the Transitions perfect in no Time for Sure!
😃 thank youuuu !!!!!! I struggle with the d-minor chord lol idk why. I can’t play it with my ring finger so I use my pinky and I think that makes the transitions weird lol. Stupid pinky. 🙄🤣

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
😃 thank youuuu !!!!!! I struggle with the d-minor chord lol idk why. I can’t play it with my ring finger so I use my pinky and I think that makes the transitions weird lol. Stupid pinky. 🙄🤣
If you're more comfortable with a bar chord you could Play the D minor Like an A minor just with a bar on the fifth fret.

I’m my head I hear piano in the intro. Then a subtle bass guitar and light drums and then a distorted electric guitar coming in where I’ve palm muted the chords....very subtle and then building up Into power chords with a little chugging...... That’s the best way I can describe what I “hear” in my head lol.

I probably sound crazy, but it is what it is. Lol.

J
I love watching you create. I love everything about this. Beautiful picking!

• Love
I love those chords exactly the same way you play them. I used to play them all the time in standard. Then I started playing around with the same progressions half step down. They sound beautiful in all tunings. I love to just strum them. You can make up a bunch of stuff with just those 4 chords.

• Love
I love those chords exactly the same way you play them. I used to play them all the time in standard. Then I started playing around with the same progressions half step down. They sound beautiful in all tunings. I love to just strum them. You can make up a bunch of stuff with just those 4 chords.
I love minor chords. They just sound soooo pretty to me. My other guitar is already tuned half a step down, so I’ll give that listen 😃
Thanks Calvin !

Half step down to me personally sounds so sad. All my fav bands that sound sadder do that. Alice in chains.. afi has some material half step down. Saves the day started standard but places more half step down now. There's honestly few bands I listen to that play in standard.

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media