• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Dominik Gräber

Sweep practice 180bpm

Back to the basics. Playing to a metronome, technique practice. I feel like my hand synchronisation gets better but I have problems adjusting to a metronome. That one bit where I got really fast was me being really relaxed and realizing I could go faster there. Also first time I focused on a six string sweep. Still pretty rough.
This is good man! Not sure if you already did, but I would recommend starting 10 or 20 bpm's slower, to where you feel relaxed. I read somewhere that a good rule of thumb is if you can play it 5 times perfectly IN A ROW, you should move the bpm up.

Obviously we have to get past our barriers so it isn't all or nothing advice, but I've found it useful for getting faster and learning to relax.

Best of luck getting it cleaner! Sweeping is next on my techniques to buckle down on.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
This is good man! Not sure if you already did, but I would recommend starting 10 or 20 bpm's slower, to where you feel relaxed. I read somewhere that a good rule of thumb is if you can play it 5 times perfectly IN A ROW, you should move the bpm up.

Obviously we have to get past our barriers so it isn't all or nothing advice, but I've found it useful for getting faster and learning to relax.

Best of luck getting it cleaner! Sweeping is next on my techniques to buckle down on.
20 bpm slower is literally how I started yesterday :D I feel pretty confident with that tempo with my 3 String sweep, the 5 string sweep could use some cleaning and slower bpm for Sure!

My first sweep picking song was Not Ready To Die (Intro)
Would love to see that from you :D
Anyway, you're making progress! Sounds great!

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Dominik Gräber
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media