• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Matt Wildcat

Blues Scale + VH Jump Intro

Learned two new things, super proud of how quick I've picked them up! Going over a blues scale and then using it for the intro (??) of Jump! Of course needs work and a metronome to help me get the timing right, but it's just so cool to have another lick to work on!
Cool, I just learned that scale recently too, I only knew half of it before. I also thought the Pentatonic scale was the same, it's just missing an added E or something like that. I like this scale a lot, hear it in a lot of songs I enjoy. That's cool how your in Drop D tuning and changing positions like that, I'm going to practice that. Maybe you can try bend with all 4 fingers? Might be difficult, Nice job!

• Love
Reactions: Matt Wildcat
J
Millie, I am SO proud of you. This is exactly what music students do: they break down what they're doing. Very proud of you for getting into your vibrato as well!
I'm gonna challenge you on something now and I'd like to see you answer...
1. What makes that a "blues" scale?
2. What are the notes you're playing in that scale?
3. What is the name of the scale you're playing?

If you were just a random student I wouldn't ask. But you're a serious music student so I'm gonna challenge you. And probably really keep my eye on you 😎😎😎
Fucking proud of seeing this.

Millie, I am SO proud of you. This is exactly what music students do: they break down what they're doing. Very proud of you for getting into your vibrato as well!
I'm gonna challenge you on something now and I'd like to see you answer...
1. What makes that a "blues" scale?
2. What are the notes you're playing in that scale?
3. What is the name of the scale you're playing?

If you were just a random student I wouldn't ask. But you're a serious music student so I'm gonna challenge you. And probably really keep my eye on you 😎😎😎
Fucking proud of seeing this.
Ahhh, thank you Jak!!! It always helps me to remember things if I break them down, because I have to think about it more! And those vibratos are getting there, they've gotten a lot better than what they used to be!

Right, let's see if I can get these!
1. It's basically a minor pentatonic scale but with an extra note, a flattened fifth. So it's 1, 3, 5, flattened 5?
2. It's a A minor pentatonic with the added note, so believe the notes are A, C, D, D#, E, G?
3. That I'm not sure of , other than what I said above with it being a pentatonic + blues note 😅

Please, do keep challenging me where you can!! I love having stuff to work on! 😍

J
Ahhh, thank you Jak!!! It always helps me to remember things if I break them down, because I have to think about it more! And those vibratos are getting there, they've gotten a lot better than what they used to be!

Right, let's see if I can get these!
1. It's basically a minor pentatonic scale but with an extra note, a flattened fifth. So it's 1, 3, 5, flattened 5?
2. It's a A minor pentatonic with the added note, so believe the notes are A, C, D, D#, E, G?
3. That I'm not sure of , other than what I said above with it being a pentatonic + blues note 😅

Please, do keep challenging me where you can!! I love having stuff to work on! 😍
EXCELLENT! One more pop quiz...
It's not TECHNICALLY called a flatted 5th. There's a more proper name for it.
What is it?

• Love
Reactions: Matt Wildcat
J
Oh damn! I'm gonna take an educated guess and say its a 6th note, since the pentatonic uses 1, 3, 4, 5 and 7?
Nope. I think I didn't convey the question properly. I'm sorry.
Have you studied intervals yet?
The theoretical term for "flatted 5th" is a diminished 5th. 😃
If you haven't started studying intervals, I'm really sorry! That was probably a silly question to ask 😂

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Matt Wildcat
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media