• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
ari.mac

"You Shook Me All Night Long" Solo update!! #SynnerSunday

I'm backkkk! So last time I posted my practice of the first half of this solo..seemed right to post an update with the whole thing. The second part is especially hard for me because it has a lot of bends (at least for me 😂)..Bends are still a work in progress 😅
Anyway, any tips on getting rid of that extra noise? I really don't know if it is a matter of practice, or if it has something to do with my fretting hand doing something wrong?? Any suggestion is appreciated!
(I'm working on my rhythm and palm muting too with Enter Sandman, hope to post that soon 😁)

Quick Edit for more complete infos: backing track is not on full speed, it is at approx 90%.
Well.on your way. Once the string muting feels more natural you'll be flying through the solo. I think it sounds great as it is. Definitely hitting the bends and notes. Keep at it!

• Love
Reactions: ari.mac
I wish I had tips on muting. All I can say is I always had a bad habit of resting my wrist on the bridge of my floyd rose. I started slowly moving it to my palm mute position testing on the strings rather the bridge. And thats when my string muting massively improved. I still have issues muting the high e string in most cases but I found this method helped me control the other strings rather well.

Awesome Ari!!! That fretting hand is looking pretty neat! I would say yeah..muting is your next hurdle but I spotted an uncle Ben video..so that means good advice!!!

• Love
I wish I had tips on muting. All I can say is I always had a bad habit of resting my wrist on the bridge of my floyd rose. I started slowly moving it to my palm mute position testing on the strings rather the bridge. And thats when my string muting massively improved. I still have issues muting the high e string in most cases but I found this method helped me control the other strings rather well.
Thank you!!

Awesome Ari!!! That fretting hand is looking pretty neat! I would say yeah..muting is your next hurdle but I spotted an uncle Ben video..so that means good advice!!!
Thank you!! Yes that video is very good!! I'm trying to apply some of those tricks but I have to get comfortable with it 😂

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
ari.mac
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media