• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Jeremy Healey

Drum Improv

Here’s something a little different! This is something I don’t do nearly as often as I should.
So many things to hit, I'd get lost :D
Double kick drum I want to try it, how does that work if you have 2 kick pedals and a hi hat pedal? I'm guessing having to choose when to use it and switch?
It's hard to go fast with the sticks

Reactions: Jeremy Healey
So many things to hit, I'd get lost :D
Double kick drum I want to try it, how does that work if you have 2 kick pedals and a hi hat pedal? I'm guessing having to choose when to use it and switch?
It's hard to go fast with the sticks
With the double kick pedal I got to move my left foot between the second kick and the hat pedal which I have set up right next to each other for ease.
And for playing fast I’ve seen videos on Drumeo and a few other places that really emphasis double strokes, even with the kicks. And it’s wild how fast they got with it. But the important thing was with the double stroke, it’s more natural to hit the first stoke harder, but they said to more accent the second stroke!
Good practice

Reactions: William B.
With the double kick pedal I got to move my left foot between the second kick and the hat pedal which I have set up right next to each other for ease.
And for playing fast I’ve seen videos on Drumeo and a few other places that really emphasis double strokes, even with the kicks. And it’s wild how fast they got with it. But the important thing was with the double stroke, it’s more natural to hit the first stoke harder, but they said to more accent the second stroke!
Good practice
Some people go heel toe too with those two kicks.

Reactions: William B.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Jeremy Healey
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media