• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
K

AllTheSmallThings play along

testing recording methods, any suggestions on fixing audio levels ?
One of the best ways to record guitar is to Mic your Amp and record into a DAW. That way you can separately control the volume level of your guitar recording and the volume of the song you are playing along with. The only thing with that method is it requires you to buy a microphone, an audio interface to connect to your computer, and the need of a patch cable and an XLR cable. Its a little bit of an investment but its well worth the quality.

Reactions: William B.
One of the best ways to record guitar is to Mic your Amp and record into a DAW. That way you can separately control the volume level of your guitar recording and the volume of the song you are playing along with. The only thing with that method is it requires you to buy a microphone, an audio interface to connect to your computer, and the need of a patch cable and an XLR cable. Its a little bit of an investment but its well worth the quality.
I guess I should add Im in an apartment that’s the only aversion I have to micing a cab. Currently I’m using a pretty weird way but it works? I use OBS to record my computer using a webcam for video, and then I use desktop audio for sound on the music, and an interface records as a second input

Reactions: William B.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Kyle Roberts
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media