Want to view this lesson and many more like it? Sign up today.

Register now
  • Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Lesson description

Overview of this Master Class.
Here is a list of the blues players I mention. There are MANY more. Explore and find those who speak to you. This will inform your playing more than any single lesson.

Robert Johnson
Blind Lemon Jefferson
Leadbelly
T-Bone Walker
Muddy Waters
Elmore James
John Lee Hooker
Billie Holiday
BB King
Freddy King
Albert King
Buddy Guy
Eric Clapton
Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Page
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Robben Ford
Joe Bonamassa
Gary Moore
Eric Johnson

Syn's tips

Welcome to the Blues! I’m really excited about this series because with a solid Blues foundation, you can apply it to anything.

The aforementioned Blues artists are a must listen to in order to really embody this very useful art form. Without complete immersion, you will never sound the way you want to simply because you have not heard enough to inspire you to take things to the next level.

Also, you should be working simultaneously on the Pentatonic Etudes located in my Syn’s Etudes section in the menu. Once you have a grasp on these, not only will you be able to shred over the Blues, you’ll also be able to apply them to Jazz, Rock, Pop, Metal, Country, and beyond.

As always, head to the Discussion Thread above to learn and share with the family.

Enjoy!
Lesson statistics
Users enrolled
Completions
Posted on
Teacher
Brian Haner Sr.