• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Lesson description

The Dominant 9 Arpeggio

Syn's tips

As you may have noticed, this is strikingly similar to our Minor 6 Arpeggio as this is one of the Inversions. I love to play this Arpeggio all the time but I usually play it without the Root Note unless I choose to Resolve to there.

All of the Arpeggios you have learned in the last four lessons are essential to Gypsy Jazz as well and Gypsy Jazz is as essential to my playing as Rock music at this point because of all the similarities in Technique and even Harmony. You will see this more clearly with the addition of Whole Song Analysis where PG and I play through tunes and analyze exactly what we are playing and what we are playing over. This is coming soon.

For now, jam to the backing tracks and get familiar with all of the material so we can begin to apply it at full scale.

As always, hang out in the "Discussion Thread" below to discuss and share with each other, I'll be there as well!
Lesson statistics
Users enrolled
Completions
Posted on
Teacher
Brian Haner Sr.