• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
VizualSwami

Ain't Talkin Bout Love Progress Video

I've been working on the intro, chorus, and verse so here is my progress so far (its not super clean so ignore my mistakes, I just wanted to post a video of my progress so far). This week I'm going to work on cleaning it up. My broken pinky really really is a bummer especially trying to hit that 2nd chord in the chorus. I'm also working on learning the 1st solo then I'm going to move on to the 2nd. Hopefully I will be able to practice it enough to have a good submission for the contest!

Any advice or critique is welcome! This is my first time learning a EVH song so I know it doesn't sound super awesome but I'm working on it :D
Your gonna be really good with those first three fingers. Maybe after it heals you can put that thing on your other fingers, so you can train your pinky alone. That's a cool song, I'm not sure what to play for the contest/tribute. I was working on Eruption, but everybody probably heard it a million times. I don't want to copy other peoples choices either :( I'm Torn :D

Sounds nice

Reactions: VizualSwami
Mega-props for diving in with a busted pinky. That's nuts! I don't want to say anything, because I have no idea how well you'd play it if your pinky was unbound and useful. Hardcore.

Your gonna be really good with those first three fingers. Maybe after it heals you can put that thing on your other fingers, so you can train your pinky alone. That's a cool song, I'm not sure what to play for the contest/tribute. I was working on Eruption, but everybody probably heard it a million times. I don't want to copy other peoples choices either :( I'm Torn :D

Sounds nice
I wouldn't worry about copying other people. After all the whole point of this is to cover an already existing song, copying is kind of the point. I know a lot of people also are playing Ain't Talking Bout Love but I really like that song and its an easier one so that's why I went for it. I wish I could play Eruption! Definitely a legendary song for sure! Just play what you wanna play :)

Reactions: William B.
Mega-props for diving in with a busted pinky. That's nuts! I don't want to say anything, because I have no idea how well you'd play it if your pinky was unbound and useful. Hardcore.

Probably not much better than I am playing now haha. Thanks for the props though! It would take a lot more than a broken pinky to stop me from playing ;).

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
VizualSwami
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media