• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Hector Trejo

Altered Scale Hybrid Picking

I've been messing with hybrid picking for the last year or so and thought I'd share my progress. I used to absolutely hate the feeling of it and now I see myself adding it everywhere I can! Check out the Hybrid Picking lessons on the school!
Great stuff! The idea is that you should use hybrid picking to play things that are impossible to play any other way. These licks are a perfect example!

Thanks Papa Gates!! Looking forward to developing this technique more so it becomes a more natural part of my playing!

Dude your hybrid addition to I think it was the save me video I saw. It was amazing.

Thank you!!! Yes, I added this to my Save Me cover! Even though I started learning this a year ago, I didn’t really start diving deep into it until around the time I was learning Save Me!

Is there anything you can't do!? It sounds like a movie score. Maybe from the past, not a modern one. I don't know if that makes sense.

Haha thanks Andrew! And I totally get what you’re saying! It has that “Whole Tone” sound to it that a lot of old movie soundtracks use!

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Hector Trejo
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media