• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
carlosmqr

I wont see you tonight part 1 solo - Avenged Sevenfold

Had to give it a try, one of my favourite songs and solos from A7X...
Nice! This one doesn't get covered a lot I believe. Only thing I suggest is giving the notes you land on more vibrato.
Yeah I dont see it get covered a lot, this song have a special place in my heart really!
I know Im still trying to get better with the vibrato, still sucks! Thanks a lot!

BTW who are you??? 🤔🤔🤔🤔😂

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
Good job, it sounds really clean! Have you tried alternate picking on the solo? I think it would make your playing more fluid.

Reactions: carlosmqr
Sounds nice! Some of you're bends and your timing sound a bit of at times. You could also go a little bit more into your vibrato, like make it sound that you are completely engulfed in the music. Overall it sounds pretty good already!

Good job, it sounds really clean! Have you tried alternate picking on the solo? I think it would make your playing more fluid.
Hey thanks Nocturne!! Im still on the first lessons of alternate picking, a struggle to keep timing and keeping it clean so I think I even kind of avoid it
subconsciously (if thats a word 🤔😂) but I know what you say, specially at the end it would be much better with alternate picking!

Sounds nice! Some of you're bends and your timing sound a bit of at times. You could also go a little bit more into your vibrato, like make it sound that you are completely engulfed in the music. Overall it sounds pretty good already!
Thanks a lot Ids, yeah I still struggle with vibrato and when to do it, sometimes I feel like is going to be a bit too much too I dont know!

Thanks a lot all the tips are welcome 👍🙂

Reactions: Nocturne
Vibrato aside, for some of your bends your finger is likely getting tired in the middle of the bend and letting go a little bit, which ends the note (like at 0:30 and 1:29 how those notes end early). If you work on pressing down and trying to hold the note longer, that might help strengthen your fingers. I noticed this happening to me when I was trying to learn Syn's etudes where he ends some runs w/some pinky bending, and I wasn't able to sustain the note as long as him (b/c my pinky is weak as hell, and would let go early).

Maybe those notes end early because you're letting go in preparation for the next note, in which case it's just practice and it will get easier (I would try practicing without music and just focus on the transition from bend to next notes, then re-add the music later once you're able to do that faster)! But if you're like me, and your fingers don't enjoy holding the note for that long, focus on finger strength!

Vibrato aside, for some of your bends your finger is likely getting tired in the middle of the bend and letting go a little bit, which ends the note (like at 0:30 and 1:29 how those notes end early). If you work on pressing down and trying to hold the note longer, that might help strengthen your fingers. I noticed this happening to me when I was trying to learn Syn's etudes where he ends some runs w/some pinky bending, and I wasn't able to sustain the note as long as him (b/c my pinky is weak as hell, and would let go early).

Maybe those notes end early because you're letting go in preparation for the next note, in which case it's just practice and it will get easier (I would try practicing without music and just focus on the transition from bend to next notes, then re-add the music later once you're able to do that faster)! But if you're like me, and your fingers don't enjoy holding the note for that long, focus on finger strength!

Hey thanks, I think it might be more the first, my finger gets tired or I just start to take some pressure of the string without realize causing the note to end early xD It happens a lot unfurtunately and I cant figure out why :/

my finger gets tired or I just start to take some pressure of the string without realize causing the note to end early xD
You just figured out why :p (if you want a better why, it's because your finger muscles aren't used to the level of effort it takes) The more you practice it the better you'll get and the easier it will be. You're doing good so far!

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
carlosmqr
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media