• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
carlosmqr

I wont see you tonight part 1 solo - Avenged Sevenfold

Had to give it a try, one of my favourite songs and solos from A7X...
J
I have a question for you, at 26 seconds into the video what fingers are you using for that bend? I think the thing I love the most about this is that in the description you said you had to try it because it was your favorite solo and I absolutely adore that. You are well on your way! Take all the advice given here and keep working on it. I'd like to see your improvement on it!

• Love
Reactions: carlosmqr
You just figured out why :p (if you want a better why, it's because your finger muscles aren't used to the level of effort it takes) The more you practice it the better you'll get and the easier it will be. You're doing good so far!
Haha so true, I was playing yesterday and paying attention to what I was doing wrong when bending and realized that I was just taking pressure of the string without realize! Thanks a lot for the help, I think sometimes is the finger that gets tired when Im playing for a few hours but most of the time is more like Im probabily just focusing on what comes next and I "forget" about the finger, at least thats what I noticed yesterday :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Again thanks for the comment because it made me really look into it I try to find what was wrong because I never understood why the note wasnt ringing till the end.

I have a question for you, at 26 seconds into the video what fingers are you using for that bend? I think the thing I love the most about this is that in the description you said you had to try it because it was your favorite solo and I absolutely adore that. You are well on your way! Take all the advice given here and keep working on it. I'd like to see your improvement on it!

Thank you so much Jak! Trust me, Im taking all the advice I can and Im really grateful to have people telling me what Im doing wrong! Im using my ring finger I believe, thats what I normally do, sometimes my pinky depending on what Im playing but thats really rare! Is just that my bends suck, I find it difficult to get the right note sometimes xD
Thanks again Jak!

J
Haha so true, I was playing yesterday and paying attention to what I was doing wrong when bending and realized that I was just taking pressure of the string without realize! Thanks a lot for the help, I think sometimes is the finger that gets tired when Im playing for a few hours but most of the time is more like Im probabily just focusing on what comes next and I "forget" about the finger, at least thats what I noticed yesterday :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Again thanks for the comment because it made me really look into it I try to find what was wrong because I never understood why the note wasnt ringing till the end.

Thank you so much Jak! Trust me, Im taking all the advice I can and Im really grateful to have people telling me what Im doing wrong! Im using my ring finger I believe, thats what I normally do, sometimes my pinky depending on what Im playing but thats really rare! Is just that my bends suck, I find it difficult to get the right note sometimes xD
Thanks again Jak!
Don't just use your ring finger! When you bend, you want to have a finger that helps with the target pitch and then at least one other finger behind it to help push to get to the Target pitch. The only exception for this is the index finger. I was going to ask because your bends seemed a little bit weak and I think it would be beneficial for you to start practicing your position so that you can have at least two fingers when you go to bend for most situations

Don't just use your ring finger! When you bend, you want to have a finger that helps with the target pitch and then at least one other finger behind it to help push to get to the Target pitch. The only exception for this is the index finger. I was going to ask because your bends seemed a little bit weak and I think it would be beneficial for you to start practicing your position so that you can have at least two fingers when you go to bend for most situations
Oh ok I see what you say, I use the other fingers to help, I mean the ring finger was the one fretting but I use the index and middle finger plus thumb to help I think thats what you saying right? But in general my bends are bad, I dont think is just a problem with my hand but with my ears too because I find it difficult to get the note I want...I mean I can bend 2 notes up no problem, the problem is if I want just to do a full bend I still find it difficult to get the note I want... I dont know if I can explain my self well sometimes I feel like my 6 year old daughter 🤔 🤔 :ROFLMAO:

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
carlosmqr
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media