• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
N

Unholy confessions cover

Hello friends, this is my first post on this forum and also my first time recording a cover. I'm still very much a beginner and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
J
What a tough song to play for your very 1st cover! I am incredibly proud of you! For the most part you are really well and you play really well! Most of the criticism I have is small nuances such as to work on your Palm muting and your timing. But those are things that come with time my friend! Keep practicing and keep improving! I would suggest you slowing it down and playing to the beat of a metronome

Reactions: Ed Seith
Hi Nirmal! Sounds like your getting this song down - love it! It also looks like you have a small, modern-ish combo amp with at least some "non-amp" circuitry and you also have a laptop, which means you have a GOOD START.

Please tell me what your amp is, and I will examine it's integration capabilities to see what we can do for you with as little cost as possible.

• Love
Reactions: Jak Angelescu
Sounding pretty good, a little more work on the octave slides and palm muting and you will pretty much have it down. Great job!

I wish I was a “beginner” like you ! Holy smokes dude ! Freaking love it ! I’m not a great player so I can’t give any critiques there, just that it sounded amazing to my ears 👍🏻

as far as recording, what you did worked fine. We can see you and we can hear you ! (That’s what’s important)
I think there are a lot of us here who just use our phone to record.
I even pointed out once that I used a lego catapult my kid made to hold my phone because I haven’t purchased a tripod yet 😂 no shame.

keep it up !
cant wait to see more from you !!!

Hi Nirmal! Sounds like your getting this song down - love it! It also looks like you have a small, modern-ish combo amp with at least some "non-amp" circuitry and you also have a laptop, which means you have a GOOD START.

Please tell me what your amp is, and I will examine it's integration capabilities to see what we can do for you with as little cost as possible.

Hi @Ed Seith, I have a Fender Mustang GT40, I hooked up laptop through aux to play the actual song in the background. Thanks for your help

WONDERFUL!
On page 33 of your owner's manual, I says you can use a micro-USB cable to connect this amp to your computer for recording. If it's an Apple laptop, you're all set. If it's Windows, you can go here to download the ASIO driver:

Then get recording software (I recommend Reaper, found at https://www.reaper.fm/.

Then comes the hard part - learning recording software. GOOD LUCK!!!

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Nirmal Asokan
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media